In telling your story you may consider (but not be limited to) the following:
- What services and/or supports are needed that are not being met or addressed?
- What was your experience in trying to get needed services and supports?
- Are you on a waiting list or simply have not bothered to apply because you think it is too
onerous or futile?
- Do the services provided not meet need, but this is all you could get?
- Are service levels provided inconsistently: do you have to constantly re-apply, or would lose
services should you move?
- If you are a person with a disability and not earning income, would you be able to earn
income if you had needed supports?
- If you are a caregiver, to what degree are you prevented from working?
- What percentage of the day is spent looking after the essential needs of the person with the
- As a caregiver or family member, if there was sufficient funding, would you continue to be
the 'paid' caregiver if that was an option?
- Finally, and importantly, we would like the stories to suggest how your life would change if
there were sufficient and appropriate supports available.
For questions or general information about the Stories Project you can reach us by email: email@example.com